National Defence Academy (NDA) is a training institute where cadets are trained. For this one entrance exam has conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for those who want to serve the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. This exam is held twice a year, normally in the month of April and September. The exam is called the NDA exam. With NDA I exam the selected candidates are get opportunity to train in the National Defence Academy. The 3 year training culminates in a graduation in B.A/B.Sc. or B. Sc. (Computer Science) degree of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Eligibility Criteria for NDA 2013
- Candidate should have a XII Class / equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities. The applicants appearing for the exam can also apply provided they furnish the proof of passing the Class XII exam at a later date as specified by the UPSC.
- Applicants should have Physics & Maths in 10+2 if he has applied for Navy & Air Force.
- Candidates have to be a Male and Unmarried.
- The age of the candidate should be 16-1/2years to 19years.
- A candidate must either be: I) A citizen of India, or II) A subject of Bhutan, or III) A subject of Nepal, or IV) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the purpose of permanently Settling in India, or V) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A candidate belonging to categories (II), (III), (IV) and
- (V) Shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects ofNepal.
Exam Pattern of NDA 2013
NDA is the two level exams. First level is the written exam conducted by the UPSC and the next level is the SSB interview conducted by Staff Selection Board of the Defence Services. Only those candidates can take level two exam who have qualified in the level one exam. In NDA 2013 Written Exam there are two objective type question papers. Candidate can solve the exam paper in any medium English or Hindi. The exam consists of two papers: First paper is of mathematics (300) and second one is of general ability (600). The total mark of the exam is 900 with the total of duration 5 hours (2 Hours and 30 minutes for Each Paper). Negative Points are given for each Wrong Answer.
- Mathematics- Mathematics Question Paper consists of 120 Questions (300 Marks).
- General Ability- Question Paper of 600 Marks (English-200 marks and GK- 400 Marks).
- SSB interview- Short listed Candidates are called for Interview. This Round contains Verbal Test, Non Verbal Test, Psychological Exam and Group Discussion.
Syllabus of the of NDA 2013
NDA Math Syllabus (Paper-I)
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential equations
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
NDA General Ability Syllabus (Paper-II):- It contains 6 sections in, each from Physics, Chemistry, General Knowledge, History, Freedom Movements, Geography and Current Events.
- Quantum Physics
- Wave Optics
- Nuclear Physics
- Laser and Fiber Optics
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Elements, their Occurrence and extraction
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structures
- Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
- Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Transference of Heat
- Chemistry of Hydrocarbons
Application Form of NDA 2013
How to apply: All eligible applicants may apply online through Union Public service commission online website http://upsconline.nic.in on or before the last date. No other mode of application will be accepted.
Application Fees: Candidate have to pay Rs.50/- only (SC/ST/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from fee) by internet banking or by submitting the fee in any SBI Bank.
1. Applicants need to submit only one application form for NDA Exam 1 2013. In case of any inescapable situation where candidates feels the need to submit another application form, then it should be kept in mind that application form with greater registration id shall be accepted and other shall be rejected.
2. Applicants need to fill in the choice for the centre of examination very carefully as if the candidates who appear at any other centre rather than the one applied for shall not be certified to give the examination.
3. Applicants should carefully upload the photos and signature of the asked pixels and size by UPSC. As no other size photos may lead to cancellation of your application form.
4. Applicants need to make sure that they clear all the eligibility criteria for the NDA-1 examination and also they fill the fee for the examination before submitting NDA exam 2013 application form.
5. If they clear the written examination, they need to carry all their matriculate certificates along with +2 certificates with attested copies. They should clear the eligibility set by national defence academy. If on any later date they, its found that they do not clear the eligibility criteria, their application will be rejected at the spot.
Important Dates of NDA 2013
National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination (I), 2013:
- Date of Notification – 22nd December, 2012
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications – 21st January, 2013
- Date of Commencement of Exam – 7th April, 2013
National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination (II), 2013:
Date of Notification – 4th May, 2013
Last Date for Receipt of Applications – 3rd June, 2013
Date of Commencement of Exam – 11th August, 2013
Contact Details: – Here is the contact address of the NDA 2013. For any query pls contact to the following address.
NDA Alumni Association
P.O. NDA Khadakwasla
Nodal Officer – 020-20255032
Secretary – 020-26026610
Executive Treasurer – 020-26026614