JEE Main 2014 is the national level engineering entrance exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Every year lots of student take this exam for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other centrally funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by several participating State Governments.
JEE Main 2014 hasTwo papers – Paper 1 for B.E/B.TECH and Paper 2 for B.ARCH/B. PLANNING.
- Paper 1- Will be held in both Computer based & Pen and Paper based.
- Paper 2 – will be held in only Pen & Paper based.
JEE Main 2014 Computer based Exam: JEE Main 2014 Computer Based Exam is online exam. It will be conducted by using the Local Area Network (LAN) to make it safe, secure and un-interrupted. The exam will be twice a day i.e. in two shifts. First shift from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and second shift (if required) from 2 pm to 5 pm Hours.
Medium of the Computer Based Exam: Medium of examination will be English, Hindi and also Gujarati for the candidates who have opted Gujarati Medium (Gujarati medium is available only for the candidates who have opted centre cities in the state of Gujarat). The Candidate can also switch medium as many times as he/she wants during the examination.
Procedure of the JEE Main 2014 Computer Based Exam: Candidates need to know only the use of mouse. However, Instruction page will also be displayed before the actual test begins. The time of reading of instructions will not be part of examination duration. The objective type question will show on the computer screen along with the answer options. There will four options of each question. The candidate has to click one of the options using computer mouse which can be reviewed or re-answered any time during the duration of the examination. The question paper will be mailed to each and every candidate after the exam schedule is over.
Mock Test for JEE Main 2014 Computer Based Exam: For hands on experience of Computer Based Examination of JEE Main 2014, there will be a mock test for the candidates. Mock Test will be available for the students the two month before the Exam. Mock test of AIEEE 2012Computer Based Exam has been made available which can be downloaded by the candidates to have look and feel of computer based examination in simulated environment. Another mock test specially made for JEE Main 2014 examination will also be made available to JEE Main 2014 Computer Based Exam Candidates in the first/second week of Jan 2014.
Important information for Computer Based Examination: The Computer Based Examination will be conducted as per the following schedule.
- The test will be of 3 hrs duration.
- The test paper will consist questions of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and all questions will have equal weight-age.
- There will be three parts in the question paper consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having equal weight-ages. Each question is allotted 4 (four) marks for each correct response.
- ¼ (one fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score will be made if no response is indicated for a question.
- There is only one correct response for each question out of four responses given.
- No candidate is permitted to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers, pager, mobile phone, any electronic device, etc., except the Admit Card, identity proof and pen inside the examination hall/room. Violation of this will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- All calculations/writing work are to be done in the rough sheet provided only and on completion of the test candidates must hand over the rough sheets to the invigilator on duty in the Room/Hall.
- Each candidate must show on demand his/her Admit Card to the Invigilator.
- No candidate, without special permission of the Superintendent or Invigilator, should leave his/her seat.
- The candidates are governed by all Rules and Regulations of the Board with regard to their conduct in the Examination Hall. All cases of unfair means will be dealt with as per rules.
- A sample/mock test will be available on JEE Main website in the month of Feb/Mar 2014 for practice purpose and to give the candidate look and feel of the Computer Based Examination (CBE).
- Facilitation center will be operational in the month of March for the hands on practice by the candidates in each and every city where online examination will be conducted.
Advantages of the Computer Based Exam: JEE Main 2014 Computer Based Exam has many advantages.
- The candidate can review or re-answer any question at any point of time during the examination.
- The candidate can change the option of the answer during the exam duration and it is one of the most important features of computer based examination.
- There will be a panel on computer screen showing all the question nos in different colour scheme which will indicate which are the questions answered, left UN answered and marked for review.
- The Candidate can opt for city of his/her choice as per list of computer based exam cities at the time of filling application form only.
- There will be enough buffer computers available at the examination centers to take care of such problems and the time lost in change of system will be duly compensated as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
- The question paper will be mailed to each and every candidate after the exam schedule is over.
- There will be qualified IT professionals for any computerized problems.