CMC Vellore or Christian Medical College Vellore, which is connected to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, conduct an all-India basis entrance examination (CMC Vellore Common Entrance Test) every year to choose students for admission into different under-graduate level medical and Para-medical courses accessible through it.
CMC Vellore Common Entrance Exam is an all India basis entrance test, which is conducted each year in different cities such as Bangalore, Calicut, Chennai, Delhi, Ernakulum, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kottayam, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Pondicherry, Salem, Thiruvananthapuram, Vellore, Vijayawada & Penang (Malaysia).
Courses offered by CMC Vellore 2013
Applicants succeeding the CMC, Vellore CET, can look for admission into these following courses-
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT)
Eligibility criteria of CMC Vellore 2013
- Applicants for admission to medical course have to cover 60% marks at 10 +2 level in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together)
- Applicants have a total of 140/200 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects, both at qualifying and competitive exams and should have passed in English.
- 60% in each and 130/200 total for BC
- 55% in each and 120/200 aggregate for MBC
- 40% in each and 80/200 aggregate for SC/ST candidates
- For applicants who have studied in a foreign country, the equivalency of qualification as decided by the Association of Indian Universities will form the guiding principle to determine the eligibility.
CMC Vellore 2013 Exam Date:
- Entrance test on Friday, 20 May 2013
Exam Pattern CMC Vellore 2013
All candidates who are looking for admission to MBBS/BSc. Nursing/ BSc. MLT/BPT/BOT courses must undergo a competitive entrance examination followed through practical test and interviews.
- The entrance examination is comprised of objective type questions (MCQ).
- Paper have questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Ability with importance on Speed and Accurateness and some questions on subjects of Recent Topical Interest.
- The time of the complete test is 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- Here are 60 questions each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (2 hours total) and 120 questions in General Ability with emphasis on Speed and Accuracy and on Issues of Current Topical Interest (70 minutes).
- Presentation in this examination is the basis of a call for practical tests and interviews and final selections.
- All candidates who admitted to MBBS/BSc. Nursing/ BSc. MLT/BPT/BOT courses must start a service duty, to work in an area of require for a period of 2 years after achievement of training.
Application Process for CMC Vellore 2013
- Application forms available only online by the CMC website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in
- The downloaded form properly filled should be send by post along a necessary administrative fee of Rs 750/- and registration fee of Rs 600/- for each course
- Candidates who are applying from SAARC countries must send a Demand Draft for Rs 1500/- or its equal and those from abroad, USD$ 100 or its equal as administrative fee in add up to the registration fee for each course
- Money can be send via using any one of the following processes
- As a challan at no additional fee at any branch of ICICI bank inIndia
- A challan will be generated while filling payment information in the application form
- Please point out FC-CMC-V on the challan
- Dispatch the original challan with the application form
- Demand draft in favor of CMC Vellore Association a/c on any listed bank, to be paid inVellore
- Set ready your demand draft previous to filling the application form
- Write down your name and application number on the backside of the demand draft before sending
- Online payment using payment access
- Send in the fulfilled form along with the proof of payment and all the additional necessary inclusions to the office of the Registrar, CMC, Vellore-632002 to reach on / previous to the final date
The registration fees have to be with the fulfilled application form.
Group A courses:
MBBS, BSc (Nursing), BPT, BOT, BSc-MLT and BSc Optometry – Rs. 500 per course
Group B courses:
MSc, BMRSc, PGDCPC, Dip Nursing and other Group B courses – Rs. 100 per course
Candidates who want inquiry about anything they can contact the address given below-
Phone: +91 (416) 2284255, 5214255
Fax: +91 (416) 2262788